How is our model unique?
- Presents, promotes and supports international contemporary dance through an annual ongoing programme as its primary purpose.
- Has a public mandate or mission under an independent artistic direction and professional management promoting diverse artists and aesthetical diversity.
- Has an ongoing audience and artistic development programme with learning, engagement and participation contributing to access to dance for professionals and the general public.
- Is regularly engaged with dance and related issues at local and international level.
- Has facilities for dance research, residency, production and presentation.
The dancehouse model is thus…
THE MOST CONTEMPORARY MODEL
An eclectic diversity of choreographic voices and languages is the present day reality of the international dance landscape and this diversity is also the best guarantee for audience development
THE MOST SUSTAINABLE MODEL
The development of individual talents, who do not necessarily stay in the same place, is embedded in the development of a lasting landscape
THE MOST PROGRESSIVE MODEL
It tries to incorporate and link together all the parts of the creative chain: education and artist development, production, presentation, audience development
THE MOST EFFICIENT MODEL
Resources are used to serve a variety of artists who do not necessarily need to develop a comprehensive infrastructure for themselves