June 2013 - April 2015
Dance Ireland Dublin (IE)
Léim was an innovative piece of action research with the participation of 10 selected young professionals. The concept emerged from the EDN working group Emerging Dance Leaders. The programme was built on the principles of mobility, exchange of knowledge, exposure to different artistic communities, audiences and local contexts.
To offer participants the opportunity to undertake a personal and collective professional leadership development journey in organisations with a high degree of expertise in dance, both in their own countries and across Europe.
- It involved 10 participants from 5 countries drawn from the spheres of dance management, production and curation.
- It was structured into 3 modules including group training sessions focussed on different aspects of dance infrastructure and management, individual work placements in partner venues, and delivery and implementation of participant projects at partner venues to experiment with new formats.
- It engaged in mentoring and support for professional development through the project partners and from external facilitators engaged in the project.
Facts and figures
- 10 participants from 5 European countries (Cyprus, Germany, Ireland, Italy and Spain)
- 2 conferences
- 1 performance installation
- 3 guided, curated tours
- 13 perfomances in 3 cities (Bassano del Grappa, Dublin, Düsseldorf)
- 62 artists employed
- 1624 audience
www.leimproject.eu contains a toolkit summarising the learning from the project as well as information on each of the Modul C projects which were managed, curated and delivered by the project participants.
EDN partners: Centro per la Scena Contemporanea Bassano del Grappa (IT), Dance House Lemesos (CY), Dance Ireland Dublin (IE), Mercat de les Flors Barcelona (ES), Tanzhaus NRW Düsseldorf (DE).