EDN members may be any legal entity devoted to the renewal and development of dance and is willing to make active contributions to the network’s activities. EDN members are based in Creative Europe countries (EU countries and some non-EU countries).
Membership requirements: essential characteristics
- Presentation, promotion and support of international contemporary dance through an annual ongoing programme as its primary purpose.
- Public mandate or mission under an independent artistic direction and professional management promoting diverse artists and aesthetics.
- An ongoing audience and artistic development programme with learning, engagement and participation contributing to access to dance for professionals and the general public.
- Regular engagement with dance and related issues at local and international level.
- Facilities for dance research, residency, production and presentation.
Types of membership
Legal entities devoted to the art of dance that comply the 5 essential characteristics.
How to apply
- 1. To join EDN, it is necessary to make a written application with a motivation letter mentioning the reason of joining the EDN network and describing the applicant contribution to the network (max 1-2 pages). The document has to be sent the EDN office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. Reception of the application is acknowledged by the EDN office and a first internal evaluation takes place based on the 5 essential characteristics listed above.
- 3. After the first contact with the EDN office, it is foreseen an informal meeting between a Board member or EDN office staff with the applicant’s Dance House.
- 4.After this informal meeting, the applicant needs to send three recommendation letters of three EDN members from three different countries excluding the applicant’s own country to the EDN Office.
- 5. The applicant is then invited to the General Assembly to present their Dance House to the EDN members.
- 6. The Assembly must ratify the decision during the next scheduled General Assembly where the decision is admissible by means of a two-thirds majority vote approving the new member from the Assembly members present.
Please note: EDN privileges applicants from countries where the network is not yet present.
For further information, please contact the EDN office at info[at]ednetwork.eu.