European Dancehouse Network (EDN) is an international network for contemporary dance, formed in 2004 and currently co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union (2017-2021).
EDN is a growing association of 40 members connecting across Europe and beyond, with shared ambitions: strengthening professional practice, developing audiences and public engagement as well as expanding the network. The purpose of EDN is to champion and strengthen the dance house model as providing the optimum conditions and resources necessary for the structural development of dance as a contemporary art form.
Each EDN member actively commits to cooperation, resources sharing, capacity building and knowledge exchange. Our members meet several times a year to exchange on the occasion of EDN Ateliers, General assemblies and other activities (see below).
Our key values are based on connectivity, resilience and empathy building, as we do believe in the vital impact of dance and performing arts in society.
Our main activities are:
- Carte Blanche: enabling the staff and/or artists from our member dancehouses to visit other dancehouses in Europe, to share knowledge and best practice
- Atelier: facilitating a deep exploration and exchange on specific themes and/or skills. Ateliers invite experts, members and the local audiences to participate
- Forum: Exploring new ways of creating dialogue between members, artists, audiences, and external experts
- Encounter: meeting and exchanging knowledge about local dance makers and their working conditions and identifying potential EDN members in specific regions of Europe or beyond
- EDN General Assembly
EDN is now recruiting its Communication Manager.
The Communication Manager develops and implements EDN communication strategy in collaboration with the Network Manager and the Board, manages our communication channels and ensure a smooth communication with our partners.
She/he will work in close collaboration with the Network Manager, the President of EDN and the Member of the Board responsible for communication.
- Design and implement a communication strategy to promote EDN profile and activities across all platforms and media
- Lead on the website re-development plan in 2019 and overview the creation of visual assets with the designers
- Administrate EDN website, publish content, keep content up to date
- Develop a social media strategy for the network and maintain an active presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Create and send the monthly newsletter
- Keep our Mailchimp database up to date
- Collect website and social media analytics
- Maintain a smooth communication with the members on all communication matters, gather their news to be shared on social media and in the newsletter
- Collaborate with the members in charge of organising EDN activities (such as the Ateliers) on the communication of the activity to the members and online via the website, social media and the newsletter
- Overview the making of the Presentation Videos by the members
- Maintain the website up to date with members’ information
- Keep members informed of the upcoming activities
- Proof read and check the correct use of EDN logo and the EU logo in all relevant communication
- Provide any information, picture and our logo to partners when required by members and partners
- Contribute to the communication and audience development sections of the annual reports sent to the EU
- Research and develop any opportunity to widen the international visibility of the network and of contemporary dance as an independent art form
- Contribute to the collaboration of EDN with other European networks and beyond in joint communication efforts
- Excellent level of written and spoken English. Any other European language would be a plus
- Experience in developing and delivering communication campaign, copy writing and social media marketing
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills and great attention to details
- Experience of WordPress (or other CMS), Mailchimp, Vimeo etc.
- Strong interest in international networking and European projects
- A good knowledge of the cultural and contemporary dance scene at European level would be appreciated
- 2 days per week position based in Brussel with a 36 month freelance contract
- Salary to be discussed depending on the candidate’s experience
- Contract extension is subject to funding and performance
- The position is ready to be filled from March, 2019 depending on the successful candidate’s availability and/or notice period
- The Communication Manager is based in Brussels
- International travels and weekend work will be necessary
How to apply: Please send your CV and a motivation letter (1 page maximum)
Submit your application via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 14th February 2019, midday Brussels time
Interviews will take place in Brussels or on Skype in February (dates TBC)