European Dancehouse Network (EDN) is an international network for contemporary dance, formed in 2004 and currently co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union (2017-2021).
EDN is a growing association of 40 members connecting across Europe and beyond, with shared ambitions: strengthening professional practice, developing audiences and public engagement as well as expanding the network. The purpose of EDN is to champion and strengthen the dance house model as providing the optimum conditions and resources necessary for the structural development of dance as a contemporary art form.
Each EDN member actively commits to cooperation, resources sharing, capacity building and knowledge exchange. Our members meet several times a year to exchange on the occasion of EDN Ateliers, General assemblies and other activities. Our key values are based on connectivity, resilience and empathy building, as we do believe in the vital impact of dance and performing arts in society.
Our main activities are:
- Carte Blanche: enabling the staff and/or artists from our member dancehouses to visit other dancehouses in Europe, to share knowledge and best practice
- Atelier: facilitating a deep exploration and exchange on specific themes and/or skills. Ateliers invite expert, members and the local audiences to participate
- Forum: Exploring new ways of creating dialogue between members, artists, audiences, and external experts
- Encounter: meeting and exchanging knowledge about local dance makers and their working conditions and identifying potential EDN members in specific regions of Europe or beyond
- EDN General Assembly: 1 or 2 times per year
You can read more about EDN on this website
EDN is currently recruiting an Administrator.
EDN administrator job description:
The main duties of the Network administrator are:
Relationships with the European Union
- Lead on the annual financial reports to the EU and all requests related to financial matters from the EU
- Collect all the financial documents requested by the EU
Administration & Network
- Overview the transfer of the EDN office from Barcelona to Brussels
- Overview legal obligations linked to the organisation new legal status in Belgium in collaboration with a lawyer
- Maintain a smooth communication with the members in regard to financial questions and documents (invoices, membership fees etc.)
- Provide regular updates to the Board of EDN on the financial situation of EDN
- Collaborate with the Treasurer of EDN
- Use specific IT tools (such as the integrated system of accounts) to help with the Implementation of accounting and financial systems,
- Keep financial accounts,
- Design and implementing Financial Regulation procedures,
- Draw up budget estimates and annual reports / accounts,
- Present financial statements,
- Carry out financial and operational management of contracts and subsidies,
- Monitor financial and budget procedures
You must have a good command of at least 2 EU languages, and either post-secondary education in finance or accounting and at least a few years’ professional experience in the field depending on the competition, or secondary education and several years’ professional experience in finance or accounting depending on the competition.
Being familiar with European projects management would be a plus.
Half time position based in Brussel with a 36 month contract. The wage is fixed according to the Flemish salary scales for the performing arts sector.
Contract extension is subject to funding and performance.
Employments starts in January 2019
Gross Salary: 1200€ brut, plus bonus and vacation.
The network administration is based in Brussels
How to apply:
CV (2 pages maximum)
Motivation letter (1 page maximum)
Submit your application via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 18 December 2018 midnight (Brussels time)
Skype interviews will take place in January