Tanzquartier Wien has opened a call for the next Artistic Director of the dancehouse.
The main task is the Artistic Direction and topical further development of a house for contemporary dance and performance operating in an international context.
The remit for the position covers the artistic responsibility for:
- The continuous programming of a venue from October to the end of April with up to 300 seats and the temporary programming of a venue with approx. 900 seats.
- The year-round studio operation in 3 studios for training, workshops and showings for professional dancers.
- The continuation and further development of discourse and theory events.
The Artistic Director is a member of the management board and manages the Tanzquartier Wien jointly with the existing business management.
- Continuation and strengthening of the positioning of the Tanquartier Wien as a local and international house for contemporary dance and performance.
- Programme creation for the venues with a diverse aesthetic content.
- Development of projects and structures in the field of further education and training with dance and performance creators as well as educational institutions.
- Development and realisation of projects in order to reach new audiences on a long-term basis.
- Professional experience in the fields of programming and event organisation of venues.
- Professional experience in the fields of contemporary dance and performance in relation to the conception of content, initiation, development, budgeting and production.
- Experience in networking with dance-specific international and Austrian initiatives and institutions.
- Experience in the development of innovative concepts for conveying contemporary dance and performance and opening up new audiences.
- Well-founded knowledge of contemporary Austrian and international dance and performance creation as well as interdisciplinary arts competence.
- Experience in dealing with the public and the media.
- Leadership experience and management qualities with social skills and team-working ability.
- Profound knowledge of German and English.
The period in office can be extended by one term. The annual salary evisaged amounts to €80.000. The total funding for the Tanzquartier Wien GmbH amounts to 3 Milion €. The candidacy of women who meet the requirement profile will be particularly welcome.
Applications, with a written curriculum vitae and a compelling thematic concept of a maximum of 10 A4 pages, should be submitted by 10 July 2016 at the latest to: Kulturabteilung der Stadt Wien, z.H. Dr. Robert Dressler, Friedrich Schmidt-Platz 5, 1082 Wien.
Information in German: https://www.wien.gv.at/kultur/abteilung/ausschreibung-tanzquartier.html